Ontario Farm Insurance for Kitchener and All of the Waterloo Region
Because You Can't Control the Weather
Have you ever looked outside at the Kitchener-Waterloo region weather and wished you could change it? Our region is host to a wide range of weather patterns that often wreak havoc on our local farmers. At Advocate we understand your business, your needs and care about the quality of your insurance policy. Your livelihood and future depends on our ability to fully and properly ensure your Farm. For over 115 years, we have been doing just that! Farmers in the Kitchener and Waterloo Region can trust our team to protect their business.
What is Farm Insurance?
Farm coverage is all about insurance for your agriculture business or farm. It will reimburse you for hazard damage, protect your legal interests, and help to keep your financial future in tact.
Who Needs Farm Insurance?
If you are in the agricultural business, you need to be insured and this includes:
- Dairy/Beef farmers - this can include the actual cattle themselves
- Sheep farmers
- Crop farmers - can include a wide range of crops, including wheat, corn, and bio fuel.
- Ranches and stables - boarding out horse and taking care of them
- Poultry farms
- Hog farms
What is Typical Farm Insurance?
A standard policy does not really exist, because there are too many variances from one farm to another, even if they grow the same things. However, here are options most farms will need:
- Homeowner coverage - most farmers live on their farms and it is both home and business, so they have the same basic needs of any homeowner. This includes liability and property coverage.
- Commercial Liability - this is similar to most commercial liability policies except it may need to cover a wide range of hazards due to the nature of your business.
- Agriculture equipment - if you utilize trucks, tractors, plows, utility vehicles, wells, conveyor systems, feeders, combines, irrigation systems, or other kinds of equipment, they should be protected with insurance.
- Loss of income - pays you lost income during a covered loss.
- Outbuildings - barns, sheds, silos, and other structures
- Livestock insurance
Farm Insurance Options
- Increased commercial liability insurance coverage - this can include taking out an umbrella insurance policy or a limited pollution liability policy
- Replacement cost coverage
- Flood insurance
- All risk coverage - covers all perils unless they are excluded
- Equipment breakdown insurance
Who Can I Talk To about Farm Insurance?
Your farm is not only your home, it is your livelihood. One major disaster could wipe out your home, your business, and destroy the lives of you and your family. When you need to talk about farm insurance in the Waterloo area you can trust the expertise of our team. We know the ins and outs of insuring your home and business. After all, we have been doing this since 1900.
When you do business with an independent insurance brokerage you enjoy a wide range of benefits, such as:
- Access to some of Canada's top insurance companies
- An insurance advocate who does all the insurance comparison shopping for you
- Your choice of many different insurance options
- Professional assistance in choosing the best insurance
- A policy with coverage customized to your needs
- Competitive rates for your coverage
- Professional assistance with claims service (Personal Recovery Coordinator)
In addition to all of the above, as an Advocate client you receive complimentary concierge claims service. Our Personal Recovery Coordinator's only role is to walk you through the claims process. From the start to finish our PRC is there for you when you need it most.
Why go it alone when you can have seasoned insurance experts at your fingertips? We are here to make sure your insurance perfectly fits your personal, business, and budget needs. To contact us about a free quote on your farm insurance,simply fill out the Request a Quote Now form and enter your postal code. You may also call us with any insurance questions at (519) 650-5565 in Kitchener and toll free (888)-278-7584.