Boat Insurance for Kitchener and All of the Waterloo Region

Don't Let It Happen To You!

A boating accident can happen to anyone, at anytime. Experienced boaters know that the weather is unpredictable as are the drivers of other watercraft. Protect your family, your asset and claims record by making sure your insurance coverage is precise and fits your specific needs. In many cases a few extra dollars will provide peace of mind and protect you against a variety of calamities while touring in your boat.

We Have The Coverage You Need

At Advocate Insurance Group we have been protecting people in the Kitchener and Waterloo Region since the 1900's. Our experienced brokers will determine the coverage you need for the type of vessel you own. Here are just a few of the things to consider when purchasing Boat Insurance in Ontario:

  • Protection against liability for bodily injury and third party damage
  • Protect your claims record. When a boat is added to a home policy you run the risk of losing your claims free discount (when applicable) this in turn impacts your eligibility with the homeowners insurance markets should you have a loss
  • Theft, damage or loss of attached equipment (i.e. GPS system)
  • Coverage that extends to cover the cost of salvage, wreckage removal along with towing
  • Pollution and spill liability
  • Uninsured boater coverage - protection in the event that you are injured by an uninsured owner or operator of another boat
  • Towing and storing your boat
  • Restrictions on distance traveled from your dock on water could apply with some policies. Be sure you have the coverage you need for long range trips

What Impacts My Boat Premium?

A wide range of factors will impact your Boating Insurance policy. Details such as: size of your boat, it's value, the lake or location you will use it on, size of the motor and more. It's important that your policy fits the needs of your particular boat. Let us provide you with a free quote. We are here for you when it matters most.

One More Thing Before You Set Sail

You need a Pleasure Craft Operators Card (PCOC) to legally operate a motorboat in Canada. Anyone driving a boat without one can be fined but worse, this may also VOID your insurance policy. Confirm with your broker whether younger operators will be covered by your policy, legal age restrictions apply.