Seasonal Home & Cottage Insurance for Kitchener and All of the Waterloo Region
Do You Know The Difference?
There is a difference between seasonal homes such as cabins and cottages and homes located in the warmer parts of the world such as Arizona, California and of course Florida. Without the right insurance you could be risking a devastating loss costing you thousands of dollars out of pocket.
Seasonal Home Insurance is designed to cover your property while you are living in it and when it is unoccupied. Typically, individuals who live in their primary residence in the summer and a secondary home in the winter would require this type of coverage. Don't confuse "secondary home insurance" with Seasonal Liability, different restrictions apply. Advocate Insurance Group has been serving Kitchener and the Waterloo Region for over a century. Your neighbours have been trusting us with their insurance needs, why not you?
What's Included In A Seasonal Policy?
Most seasonal property policies include most of the coverage's you would find on a typical Homeowners Insurance policy such as:
- Fire protection
- Theft and Vandalism - since your home will be vacant for long periods of time, this coverage may be more expensive than what you would see on your standard home owners, however the risk involved is greater.
- General Liability- This portion of your Cottage Insurance policy protects you from lawsuits associated with bodily injuries and disability claims which occur on your premises.
- Structure protection from acts of nature
- Contents insurance
Do I Need Anything Else?
In addition to above, it is important to think of protecting your seasonal property with some of the following optional coverage's:
- Replacement cost - This pays to completely rebuild or replace your property opposed to simply reimbursing you the amount your home is currently worth. The cost to rebuild increases with inflation and so should your coverage.
- Flood Insurance
- Earthquake Insurance
- Equipment coverage - Some policies protect your costly home appliances and will pay for repairs of replacement; this may include heating, cooling and your water heater.
- Disappearing Deductible - With this option your deductible amount decreases every year you do NOT file a claim. This coverage is just one of the ways Seasonal Home Insurance Providers can reward their clients who never file a claim. Wouldn't you like a "zero" deductible? The cost of this optional coverage is less than you think.
- Claims forgiveness - Once a policy is in force your premium is protected from going up in the event you file a claim. *ask your broker for more details and to see if you qualify for this exceptional coverage.
- Summer Home Extras - If you have a summer home you more than likely have some "toys" you enjoy using such as a boat, jet skis or maybe you have a dock. These extras need to be mentioned and added to your seasonal home policy.
We Aren't Tied Down To One Insurance Provider
Advocate Insurance Group is one of the oldest independently owned brokerages in Southwestern Ontario. Since we are brokers we aren't tied down to one insurance provider. Over the last century we have established solid partnerships with over 13 companies. What this means to you is our ability to offer options and customize your Cottage Insurance to fit your needs. We are not a "one size fits all" company.
We Can Also Protect Your U.S. Home
Hopefully you are convinced you need an Advocate for your Seasonal Home Insurance needs. Our team is ready to provide you with a free quote. Simply provide us with your contact information by clicking the link below and we will be in touch with you shortly.
Oh and one more thing. Clients of the Advocate Insurance Group enjoy the benefits of our complimentary concierge claims service as soon as they file a claim. It's just one of the ways we are there for you when it matters most!